Eco Friendly Environment
The earth is in trouble and it needs your help! Trillions of pieces of plastic land up in the ocean… and the ocean produces 75% of the earth’s oxygen. Stop and think about that for a while.
There is a song called ‘There is room for everyone‘ in Pete’s Dragon, one of my favourite childhood movies. It starts like this:
There’s room for everyone in this world
If everyone makes some room
Won’t you move over and share this world
Everyone make some room
Life is busy, we know that, being eco-friendly can be inconvenient. We advocate that every little thing counts and if everybody does their little bit, that’s a fine place to start!
The basics are easy:
- Don’t flush plastics, wet wipes, nappies or phosphates.
- Buy seasonal foods and support local farmers.
- Don’t waste food!
- Drive less. Walk and cycle more.
- Start a veggie garden.
- Don’t waste water.
- Insulate your home and use less heating. It will save you money too, bonus!
- Save electricity. Switch of applicances and lights when you not using them. Ditto on the money-saving!
Thank you for looking after our planet.